Procurement Leadership Training
This one-of-a-kind executive development program provides high-potential procurement leaders with the tools and strategies needed to make dramatic improvements to their organization’s procurement practices in the digital age.
Through a combination of highly-engaging discussions, assessments, participant presentations, case studies and keynote speakers, this program teaches modern procurement strategies and frameworks, as well as how to assess current conditions for the purpose of choosing and implementing a strategy that will provide you with the greatest potential for added economic value and competitive advantage.
“For too long, procurement has been seen as the poor second cousin of other business functions. To truly become strategic, procurement executives must be able to harness the power of influence to create a business case and be able to sell the value of what strategic supply management can achieve for the business and for the customer. We have designed a class that will help people do just that.”
— Rob Handfield, SCRC Executive Director, Bank of America University Distinguished Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management
Through this program, you will:
- Explore what procurement and supply chain management will look like in the digital age
- Learn the secrets to delivering procurement changes that have a lasting organizational impact
- Learn to identify, manage, and overcome the barriers threatening the successful implementation of your procurement projects
Areas of focus
This program focuses on two key areas:
- Procurement and supply chain: Many of the most transformational innovations have come from collaboration between leading organizations, putting procurement and supply chain at the center of future business success.
- Leadership: At the center of all great endeavors are great leaders. Underpinning this are two roles as defined by W. Edwards Deming:
- Making sure the work gets done
- Improving the way the work is done
Before the program begins, you will complete two assessments: A benchmark analysis and the I Opt® communications assessment. Using the benchmark analysis, you will compare your organization’s current supply maturity footprint with industry competitors using the Supply Chain Resource Cooperative’s maturity index. The I Opt assessment will help you understand your own communication style and preferences so you can generate actionable insights for improved communication and performance within your organization.
Who Should Attend?
- Supply management professionals with 5+ years of supply management experience seeking to improve their skills.
- Executives who are new to procurement, perhaps with a background in general management, finance, or information technology.
- Up-and-coming high potentials who have been targeted for senior leadership positions, and who need to understand the critical role of supply chains in today’s environment.
- Public service acquisition professionals, including contract officers, supplier managers,
and Department of Defense sales.
- Business development leaders seeking to understand how procurement works.
Bill Heckenkamp, Manager, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management at Cheniere Energy, Inc.
Edward Coleman, Director, Chief Growth Office Procurement at Altria
Individuals satisfactorily completing this course will receive documentation to apply for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Professional Development Hours.
Our faculty and guest speakers have worked with the following organizations:
Cost varies depending on the program length, modality, curriculum, activities, and meals selected. We do offer a discount for organizations that register four or more participants.
Cancellation within 14 days of the event will result in a cancellation fee of $500 per participant. Registrants who do not show will be assessed the full fee.
For any questions regarding this program, please email Troy Pinkins, SCRC Director, at email@example.com.
All funds raised by Procurement Leadership Program are collected and managed by NC State University. Tax Identifier Number (TIN): 56-6000756