John Glass is a highly effective, results oriented leader with over 35 years of supply chain management and manufacturing experience. John has lead large scale manufacturing and supply management operations, managed complex projects, and work globally across a wide range of international supply sites and contract suppliers.
M.S., Operations Management, University of Arkansas
B.S., Industrial Engineering, West Virginia University
A.S., Engineering Sciences, Fairmont University
- Manufacturing and packaging operations
- Supply Chain Management
- Production Scheduling and Control
- Warehousing and Distribution
- Operations Excellence
- Project management
- John worked over 28 years at GlaxoSmithKline. He was responsible for leading a manufacturing and packaging operations that made over 2 billion oral solid dosage tablets annually. Redesign US distribution network with a consolidation of warehouses and implemented a new transportation strategy. Work globally, leading supply chain management activities. Lead a North American implementation of SAP across 5 sites. Built and redesign supply management organization that included the achievement of MRPII Class A, Oliver Wight certification.
- Participated in numerous FDA, international inspections, and internal company audits.
- At Maybelline Cosmetics, Kaiser Aluminum and Weirton Steel, worked in various progressing roles as an Industrial Engineer.
- As a professional consultant, assisted companies to redesign and improve supply management organization and processes.
- Worked with NC State, Poole College of Management for 5 years, first as a company sponsor of 5 SCRC projects and most recently as Executive Practicum Advisor.