What Is Q2 Forecasting?
- Quantitative-Qualitative Forecasting
- Basic ideas behind Q2 forecasting:
- Wherever possible, forecasters should first develop a quantitative forecast, then use this for the basis for more qualitative analysis.
- Historical data is never a perfect indicator of what will happen in the future, but this doesn’t excuse us from considering it!
- By following the Q2 principle, forecasters can:
- Keep their intuition grounded in the data.
- Expose the assumptions behind qualitative forecasts (ex. – “Why do we expect demand to be three times higher than last year?”).