CPFR Model: 3. Execution
h2. CPFR Execution
Place orders, prepare and deliver shipments, receive and stock product on retail shelves, record sales transactions and make payments. Also called the order to cash cycle.
- Order generation
- Transitions order forecasts into firm demand
- Order fulfillment
- Producing, shipping, delivering, and stocking the products
- This step marks the transformation of the order forecast into a committed order.
- Either the seller or buyer can handle order generation depending on competencies, systems, and resources.
- Regardless of who completes this task, the created order is expected to consume the forecast.
- A committed order generated directly from the frozen period of the order forecast.
- An order acknowledgment sent by the customer