1. Name, academic program/concentration and year in the program.
Kevin Weisner, 2nd Year MBA Candidate with a concentration in Supply Chain
2. Prior work experience.
Prior to coming back to school I worked at the global logistics company Kuehne + Nagel for 3 years. There I worked within their 4th party logistics division and managed clients shipments from beginning to end. As a scholar last year, I worked at a Caterpillar production facility and helped improved their inventory management.
3. Why did you select the NC State Jenkins MBA program?
I selected the NC State Jenkins MBA program because of their industry leading education in the supply chain field. Having my undergraduate degree from NC State I knew the education and hands on experience they offered were among the best.
4. Why did you select the supply chain management concentration; how does it align with your career goals?
Having prior work experience in logistics I knew I wanted to continue my career in the supply chain field. I came back to school to advance my career in this field and get hands on experience across industries and in different areas of the supply chain.
5. What would you say to a prospective MBA student or an MBA student considering involvement with the SCRC?
I would suggest having an open mind with your career and different options in supply chain. Supply Chain is such a broad field with exciting new opportunities.
6. Where did you intern this summer? Did it align with your supply chain education (if so, how)?
I interned at Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Company this summer. It was a great experience working in a production facility of a pharmaceutical company. I really enjoyed my time working there and learned a lot. My career goal is to work in the supply chain of a pharmaceutical or biotech company so this experience aligned perfectly.
7. Anything else you would like to add about their involvement with SCRC, the MBA program.
Make sure to use all your resources within the SCRC and the MBA program. There is a wealth of knowledge to help you learn and decide on your career path.