Professor Cecil Bozarth is a Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management, specializing in operations and supply chain strategy, and business process management. He has won teaching awards at the college and university level, and is co-author of the book Introduction to Operations and Supply Chain Management, published by Prentice-Hall.
Professor Bozarth’s research has appeared in the Journal of Operations Management, Decision Sciences, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, and Production and Operations Management, and he serves as an associate editor for the Journal of Operations Management. Professor Bozarth’s consulting experience cuts across a wide range of companies, including *ABB*, *Bayer*, *Daimler-Benz*, *Duke Energy*, *IBM*, *GSK*, and *BlueCross BlueShield*.
- Bozarth, C., Warsing, D., Flynn, B., & Flynn, J. (2009). The impact of supply chain complexity on manufacturing plant performance. Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 79-93.
- Bozarth, C., Blackhurst, J., & Handfield, R. (2007). Following the Thread: Industry Cluster Theory, the New England Cotton Textiles Industry, and Implications for Future Supply Chain Research. Production and Operations Management, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 154-157.
- Bozarth,C., (2006). ERP Implementation Efforts at Three Firms: Applying lessons from the SISP and IT-Enabled Change Literature. International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 1223-1239.
- Bozarth, C. & McCreery, J. (2001). A Longitudinal study of the impact of market requirements focus on manufacturing performance. International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 39, No. 14, pp. 3237-3252.
- Operations and Supply Chain Strategy, Business Process Management, Production Planning and Control, Services Fulfillment
- ABB, American Airlines, Avaya, Bank of America, Bayer CropScience
- Coty, Biogen Idec, Boeing, British Petroleum
- Burt’s Bees, CarQuest, Carolina Seal
- Caterpillar Inc, Chevron, Cummins
- Duke Energy, Eisai, GlaxoSmithKline
- Hanes Brands, IBM, Lenovo, Ministry Health Care, Novozymes, Patheon Pharmaceuticals, PriceWaterhouseCoopers
- Biopharma, Bioscience, Consulting, Computers, Health Care, Manufacturing
- Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Services, Textile
Provided educational consulting for GSK on Collaborative Planning, Forecasting & Replenishment (CPFR)
Worked with an NC State research team to develop a Design for Order Fulfillment (DFOF) process
Helped Novozymes develop a global staffing strategy for its technical support group
Faculty advisor for student practicum or project teams interfacing with Biogen, Duke Energy, Lenovo